Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals’ Association (“PRPA”) is committed to ensuring that all personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”). To this end, the PRPA undertakes to:
- collect adequate, but not excessive, personal data by lawful and fair means only for lawful purposes related to the functions or activities of the PRPA;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal data collected or retained are accurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are to be used; erase personal data which are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used;
- use the personal data collected only for purposes or directly related purposes for which the data were to be used at the time of collection, unless the individual concerned has given express consent for a change of use or such use is permitted by law;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data are protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use;
- permit persons to access and correct personal data of which they are the data subjects and process any such access/correction requests in a manner permitted or required by law.
Main Purposes of Keeping Personal Data
Members’ records, which include administration and operational files, personal data provided to PRPA from individuals for participating in activities, seminars, symposium and training activities organized by the PRPA, newsletters or publication subscriptions, personal data provided at the time of application for members etc.
Records collected on webservers, which include personal data of non-members collected for participating in activities, seminars, symposium and training activities organized by the PRPA, newsletters or publication subscriptions.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data by Data Subjects
According to the Ordinance, data subjects have rights of access to and correction of their personal data. Should you wish to access or correct data of which you are the data subject, you may send your request to P.O. Box 647, Shatin Central Post Office, N.T. Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9143 3997 at PRPA office hours (10:00am – 2:00pm). PRPA’s staff will contact you through the contact number provided to verify your request.